hurts hurts hurts
When I was trying to quit smoking
and we drank white wine from Mason jars,
you called my freckles cocoa powder
and I called your green eyes
I am learning how to be a grown-up
who pays bills, cooks her own meals,
and doesn’t cry at words like
I think I just want to be friends.
The truth is this:
Love is an organic thing.
It rots and softens.
1. I’ve always been big on drunken honesty, so let me be the first to tell you that he doesn’t give a shit about you. Please love me.
2. I never wanted to be alive until I heard my name slide across your tongue.
3. I keep getting high to forget that you won’t talk to me. I know it isn’t healthy, but you don’t care, so why should I?
4. Sometimes my feelings for you hit me like a fucking train and I can’t tell if I’m actually happy or if I’m on the verge of a mental breakdown.
5. I know its only been two hours since I last saw you, but I cant stop thinking about the way it felt when your lips touched mine.
6. Why did I think we could fix each other? Gasoline can’t put out a fire.
7. I get that you’re sad, but you can’t ignore me forever.
8. We’re so bad for each other, but, fuck, I don’t want to live in a world in which you don’t exist."
my job is actually high school
i never want boys who want me